Ecommerce, the industry running at a rapid pace, is disrupting the traditional market with each mile it crosses. It took years, but the platforms like Amazon, eBay, Ali Baba completely changed how the world shops.
But you do know what they say? There’s still something for everyone in the world. Following the same, many entrepreneurs are moving ahead with the full force with the idea of having their online store.
Infact, we believe that every fifth person is planning to go online with their online store idea, and it’s true to some extent, talk to five of your friends. But the truth is you can’t just open a website and expect people to show up and eventually shop.
In an eCommerce business, if you really wanna succeed, you need to find ways to bring in more customers, and it all starts with selecting the platform to choose for the development of your website.
If you have already decided to open your online store, we believe you have also searched for the different eCommerce development platforms like Magento, Shopify, and others.
Today’s blog post gives you comprehensive information on one such platform that is already quite famous in this industry: Magento ecommerce platform. Let’s dive deep into the world of Magento by defining what Magento is.
What is Magento?
Magneto is one of the popular eCommerce website development options/platforms built in PHP and helps the developers create an ecommerce website with ease.
With over a decade of providing services, Magento has offered great experience and comfort of website development since its release on March 21, 2008.
Thousands of businesses have already chosen Magento as their open-source to kick-start their online stores. Some big names include mobile phone giant SAMSUNG and Shoe Company, whose only one look is enough NIKE.
After its acquisition by Adobe in 2018 for a whopping price of $1.68 billion with the idea to offer a complete commerce loop, Magento is expected to get better and better with each passing year.
Myths about Magento e-commerce platform
1. Magento is Super Slow
Yeah, it is the biggest and most important myth to be busted because many budding eCommerce entrepreneurs are looking at it as their platform. It’s also true that magento ecommerce platform is a little complex eCommerce as compared to the others in the same industry, but by no means it is slow.
Magento powers more than 25% of all the online stores on the internet, including some of the biggest names mentioned earlier. And if Magento would be slow, then these online stores’ sales would be nothing because no one likes a slow website.
2. Doesn’t Offer Much Customer Support
Many people were seen complaining that Magento doesn’t offer any customer support. First, it depends on the Magento plan you chose, as you can get 24/7 customer support if you opt for their Enterprise Edition, a paid edition.
3. Magento Can’t be Used for Small eCommerce Store
Another myth that needs to be busted is magento ecommerce platform can’t be used for small eCommerce stores. See, all the eCommerce stores start small, and not every one of them tends to move to a different platform at later stages, and Magento knows that.
That’s why Magento is highly flexible and scalable, making it a perfect fit for small and high-size businesses.
It may be true but only to a certain extent, as you will need professional help sooner or later.
Be it a Magento ecommerce development company or an experienced freelancer; you can’t tackle all the DIY methods or community support problems.
Pros and Cons of Magento for Ecommerce Development
Let us tackle both the points one by one.
- Known for its High Flexibility and Customization
- It offers some Kickass built-in features and functionality that make managing elements like marketing, promotions, site management and others super easy.
- SEO can’t be ignored, and Magento ensures your online store ranks high on SERPs when using the right methods.
- Get an easy responsive website and omnichannel support for better sales opportunities.
- Large Community Support as it has over 300,000 developers from all over the globe
- Magento is somewhat expensive as compared to other eCommerce development platforms. However, the community version of Magento is completely free. But to leverage the full benefit, you need to have an enterprise version of Magento which can easily add to your total cost.
- It has a large community of users and developers, but that’s the same reason you find it difficult to find authentic Magento developers. Moreover, the main reason is it requires the complex understanding that one needs to have in object-oriented programming experience with the core software.
- Another problem with Magento is that it’s time-consuming, which makes the customization pretty difficult if we compare it to the other eCommerce platforms.
- Once again, money is the issue with Magento as the product support for Magento is quite expensive. If you are not turning to experience developers and consultants, you will turn to forum support overrun by spam.
- You can’t use normal hosting platforms with Magento as they will need dedicated server support to host Magento. If not done right, it can lead to the crashing of your websites.
Features That Makes Magento Robust That Other Ecommerce Platforms
- Magento offers a simple and easy-to-use interface for developing your eCommerce website. With minimal coding required and a straightforward user interface, you can be ahead in no time.
- Magento automatically updates your website with the latest features to give you an edge over the competitors.
- Magento’s main focus is to offer simple, quick and versatile services that make browsing and buying convenient for every visitor.
- It comes with a unique setting tool with great options for upselling and cross-selling products on your website.
- Even the stock management in Magento is possible in a very impressive way as you automatically get an alert if any of your products is out of stock.
- One of the Magento features, known as “Rich out of the box,” provides filtering functionality and more robust product organization without any plugins.
Top Competitors of Magento
Although magento ecommerce platform is regarded as the most popular open-source eCommerce platform, it still has some competitors in the market which are also doing well. Some offer more easy-to-use features, while others provide an extreme level of customizations. Maybe that’s why people often search for Magento alternatives. So, let us look at the three biggest fish in the pond other than Magento.
Shopify is perfect for b2b startups and online stores as it offers high sophistication to design your eCommerce website from scratch. You also get excellent product management tools, sales insights, and inventory information, making Shopify a great option for your eCommerce website development.
Another leader and common name in the market is Wix. A great eCommerce website builder is the most convenient online store builder. Thanks to its drag and drop feature, it’s perfect for small businesses looking to enter the market quickly. You can also use Wix to add essential eCommerce features in already developed WordPress sites.
Most businesses love to use Volusion because it’s a dedicated online business building platform whose main focus is on generating sales for businesses. But since it is also easy to use and has many custom items that you can use to keep your visitors engaged, it is quite intriguing and makes it a good option for Magento.
Why Choose Magento for Ecommerce Development?
We understand that you are now in a complete dilemma on which platform to choose for your eCommerce website development. We believe that moving ahead with Magento would be a great idea because insights and previous users are super happy with Magento as their eCommerce platform.
As of today’s date, the Magento ecommerce platform powers 29.90% of all online stores. It is surely a significant statistic and proof that CMS has continued to maintain itself over the years, which makes it better than others. We are sure in the future; we can witness a Magento-driven revolution in the eCommerce industry as today’s stats reflect the same. With benefits like open-source, large community, good support, high-performance, multitasking etc., it is wise to move ahead with WordPress.
Real-Life Examples Where Magento is Making the Difference
1. Jaguar (Famous Automobile Company)
Jaguar‘s website uses Magento as its platform. Witness the beauty of the homepage as it is stylish, minimalistic and still has an elegant design at the same time. It allows users to choose the Jaguar I-Pace modification they want easily.
Coca-Cola’s online store is developed using Magento. The website showcases a great and intriguing UI specially made to keep the users engaged. If that’s your vision as well, then using Magento will help.
TechniekSpecialist, the supreme seller of machine parts from the Netherlands, has used magento ecommerce platform to develop their online presence. Simple and sophisticated are the words that can define the company’s website as their primary focus is on B2B.
Do you find yourself confused between shall I own a website shall I not?
Your confusions are absolutely understandable. We are proud of your traditional business set up doing a great and amazing work.
But did covid-19 bring a hit on your business setup? Are you not thinking of growing your business even more beyond your usual customers?
If these have been on your mind, here are few more reasons to claim a website for your traditional business setup:
You meet interesting people online
Meeting people is bliss, if you want your initiative to grow. This is more about being able to connect to the people, who will bring the right twists and turn sin your trade set up.
Aren’t you up for some amazing moves in the longer run? We know your granddad might not be, but we can help in the counselling process!
We can surely make them understand, their chance to grow, actually grows!
Bringing your business online will help you live tension free. This is not only about making sure you are coming online, but also knowing they will take care of your customers, even when you are sleeping.
Someone might be interested in your products at 3:00 am, to just double check the purchase, you won’t be able to help them then, then who can help them?
Surely your website and the information that you will keep posted online! Someone needs something; your website can provide them their needs quickly, which is not sure at all the times manually!
The concept of saving is well used by Robert Dyas , where they show some amazing cost cutting options. They do so and provide cost effective options as they have good hold on their cost cutting measures! A website surely helps you with cutting cost on customer support and tele callers!
Forget about calling your Mr. Joseph and every single person on your list to update them about all the exciting stuffs. Just post your news and exciting updates online and make sure, it is viewable by everybody who visits your online space.
Makes your presence 24 x 7 guaranteed
Don’t worry about being there for everyone, all the time. Your website would do the things for you . This is done, while keeping everyone happy as much as you!
This fundamental is well used in this beautifully laid website of Oliverbonas! We guarantee, you want to witness its products and you can access them anytime, even when the owners are sleeping!
Brings you on the ground where the game is actually happening!
Everyone is online, where are you! You would surely hear this if you are not online. Come on the zone where the actual stuff is happening, the world is going digital and if we want to remain longer in the game, let’s get digital!
That’s everything about Magento for your eCommerce and other website development. If you believe that magento ecommerce can be good for your business to be brought online, then surely go for it.
But if you are still confused about, “Why Website” then we above examples shout it out, If not now then when!
We hope the info provided in this blog is useful to you and your business.